- Founded: Spun off from Alpha Scientific in 1988
- Headquarters: Hayward, California
- Financing: ASE is a privately held company
- Markets: National laboratories, Military battery charging facilities, Commercial companies.
- Units Shipped: Over 1,100
- Total Installed Megawatts: Over 70
- Annual Sales: $2-5 million, profitable every year
HistoryAlpha Scientific Electronics was created from the former electronics division of Alpha Scientific, Inc in 1988. Prior to that, the older company, Alpha Scientific, Inc. manufactured complete power supply and electromagnet systems. The magnet division of Alpha Scientific has evolved into Alpha Magnetics. Our owners have been actively building power supplies for many years even prior to that. Since the early 1960's our owners have had key positions in both Spectromagnetics Industries, and Mekel Associates.
AffiliationsAlpha is a corporate memeber of Power Source Manufacturers Association.